Posted 6:41 AM
by Clementine
Modeling for Tubby
From
my Oct. 18th blog:
The weirdest thing happened today: I was approached by a talent scout to model for a fashion show for Tubby, a big girls' clothing line. Actually, I noticed the people inside the Shangri-la branch looking at me when I was choosing clothes, but I thought they were either just making fun of my size (which, now that I think about it, wasn't possible - it is a big girls' store for crying out loud) or watching if I was going to steal anything. Anyway, I tried this off-shoulder top with the busy print, and when I was on my way to the cashier, this girl talked to me and told me if she could interest me into joining this fashion show on November which will be held in Shangri-la atrium, possibly to promote their newest branch.
Now I know the meaning of shock.
Anyway, so I was escorted to Bon Appetit where the interview was taking place. There were five other big women there - the daughter of the owner, the former image model, and three other costumers like me. I was told that they saw my potential - I swear, these were their very words - the minute I entered the store. And then I was interviewed by this petite waif who asked me standard big-women-interview questions like what was your fashion style before, did you ever have a hard time finding clothes, what other clothes do you wish to wear, etc. I think I might have pissed her off because when she asked me if I still want to lose weight, I said yes. I heard the others say no, they're comfortable about their size etc. Damn hypocrites. Anyway, I'd say only one was slimmer than me. The rest were big, but all of them have very pretty faces. And very conio. And they're all made up. I wonder, did they know there was going to be a casting thing? I was feeling super insecure because I was wearing this flesh tiangge peasant top and factory-overrun Ck skirt and I had no make-up. Funny though, the very pretty former image model asked me where I bought the top. In her words, ang ganda ganda. Sana pala sinabi ko, sa pamilihang bayan ng Gapan. :) (it's so pretty. I should have said, in Gapan market)
Timing, the past few days I was actually very insecure about my looks. I thought I look not just fat but ugly. Yeah, I know, I was invited to model for a BIG WOMEN fashion line, but hey, I probably don't look that bad right? Coz if I do, they wouldn't even think of putting me there. I mean, the fashion show's supposed to promote them, not scare away their future costumers.
I don't know though. I have to submit pictures by Sunday morning, and I don't have any. Plus, toxic na sa November. And they might ask me to wear tops that will expose my flabby, flabby arms. Yuck.
But yeah, Dudit is right. I should be flattered.
Sabi ko na nga ba eh (I knew it). In my past life , I was a supermodel. :P