Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, August 27, 2002



Who is 25 and over?

I started a thread on Rice Bowl Journals yesterday to see who was 25 and over. I was getting swamped by all the teenagers joining RBJ and wanted to see who could relate to ME.

The response was overwhelming. And HILARIOUS. I could not stop laughing yesterday.

This morning the discussion is still going, with 116 responses and 943 views so far. Some of our silly (and dirty) talk:
__________________
Danny: Cyn, grey hairs on a woman are nice, show off your elder charm... some men find it incredibly sexy. I on the other hand know that I am going to suffer from Bonnie Raitt sydrome... all of my greys are growing out of one place on my head... like a spot.

Me: Sophia, diversity is fine, but we need SIMILARITY too! We need people we can talk to about more grownup issues and not have their eyes glaze over.

Danny: Yeah, try and talk to someone about the gulf war, or the LA riots and they sit there and tell me that they read about it in history class... that shit pisses me off.....

Susan: i'll be 24 end of this year...can i join in?

Danny: No, go away.

Key: Uh oh Susan, now he's gonna take your picture and distort it too.

Susan: yikes...he's going to make me look like a FREAKAZOID like the rest of you guys. *shut mouth* no you guys don't look like freaks...my, you guys look just adorable!!

Danny: The telling day... I was 23 years old and I worked with a programmer that was 30... I kept calling him old man and asking him about his vision and hearing.... we had lunch a few years back.. I was 26, he was 33... he told me... "One day it is going to happen to you. Some little prick, a young noob just out of college or high school is going to be calling you old man."

Look what happened. Alex got on the boards and I have never felt older in my entire life.

Me: Hahaha, Danny...tell me about it!! Yeah, you can be our representative. And Chris, we're not THAT old, dammit!

The score now is:
Older People 1
Younger People 0

Susan: ok...i'm 25 in korean age and i'll be 26 soon!! i'm of age...you don't have to wait!!!

Danny: still not good... then the question would have been Who is 26 and over?? Okay, get out.

Dave: Alex is so young, he still gets separation anxiety from his placenta.

Scott: 31.

And frankly (forgive my immodesty for once), I'm better, stronger, faster, smarter, wiser, more confident/interesting/attractive, a better artist and writer, and just plain worth more than I was ten years ago.
I also have nearly unrestricted access to feeling up a superfine sex-bomb of a babe, my wife. For that alone I would have given up 10 years of my life at 21.
Age is simply an empty lot in which you can build your own empire. If you want to.
My only regret is this five to seven pounds I have been trying to lose.
... Oh, and this old man says Susan stays.

Mark: Me too... if you mess with the perfection that is Susan's avatar, the known universe will implode. Do not fuck with forces you do not understand.
uh oh
you said fuck
don't worry, i won't tell anyone

Donny: wow i didn't know susan's avatar has that much power over our lives.........

Sophia: thank you. trying to remember the name of those funky shirts had me in a knot all day. *sigh* didn't they say that memory is the first thing that goes?

Mark: Don't make an excuse for all that pot you used to smoke Sophia.

Scott: Marky, I think those hypercolor OP shirts were supposed to be the *WaVe Of ThE fUtUrE!* WoOooOooOooo....

Much like MC Hammer balloon pants ... Can't touch this, Break it down -- Ohh Uh Ohh Uh Oh

My My MY music hits me -- so hard
Makes me say -- "Oh my Lord"
Thank you -- for blessing me
With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet
It feels good -- when you know you're down
A super dope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat -- uh you can't touch

*hop, spin, drift into oblivion*
can't touch this!

Susan: yay...for SCOTT oppa!! MY HERO!!
*MUAH* to my fellow arizonian...MARKY!!
haha...DONNY!! we're going to be neighbors in a little bit!

Mark: did you just slip me the tongue?

Susan: HAHAHA!! at first i didn't understand and then i looked over to the smilie. oppsie...*wink*

Scott: *stops MC Hammer spinning*

Must be these parachute pants! :-D

Susan Kim's back -- advance.
You gotta like that, now you know you wanna dance.
So move -- outta yo seat.
She's so fly, girl, now catch this beat!

*does the parachute pants dance with fly girl Susan*
Break it down! (Ohh uh Ohh uh Ohh) -- Stop, Oppah time!

Cyn: oh.lord.
/covers eyes
hahahah!!!
it was bad enough back in
the 80's scott!

Susan: ohh uh ohhh uh ohh....
groovy along with oppa!!
WHOOHOOO!!

Arnold: *shaking head* these crazy old fogies.. dancing to old school MC Hammer hits.

Danny: dude, you are rocking the mic like a vandal

Me: YEAH! I'm so glad I started this topic. That's what you get when you're 25+. Why? Cuz...
(Cyndi Lauper) "Old Folks Just a-Wanna Have Fuuuuun..."
Bam...bam buh...buh bam...bam buh...
>> Breakin' down with the Oppa! <<
"Can't touch this..." boom de boom MC Hammer...
Remember Paula Abdul? Yeah momma!
Hey, I want a cool Korean nickname too!!

Scott: Hmm... how about GOCHU !! :-)

My My MY GOCHU hits me -- so hard
When I run downstairs -- "Oh my Lord"
Thank you -- for blessing me
With a big GOCHU and two testes



Raymond told you homeboy -- (You can't touch this)
Yeah that's my GOCHU - and you know (You can't touch this)
Look at my GOCHU -- (You can't touch this)
Yo, let me bust my funky GOCHU -- (You can't touch this)

Break it down! (Music breaks down.) -- Stop, GOCHU time!

Susan: OMG....scott oppa!! *shake head* you are so BAD!!!
but i can't stop laughing!!

Me: If GOCHU works with the ladies,
I'll take it! Hahaha... :)

Donny: wut does GOCHU mean?

Scott: it literally means "hot pepper." (correct me if I'm wrong)
but it's also used as a euphemism to describe a male's thingy.
and oh yes, raymond, it works on the ladies.
as. you. very. well. know. tiger. *wink*

hahahha!!

Cyn: do you mean, like
pickled penis? 8)
HAHHAHAHA!!!

Sophia: i wonder how a pickled pp would t..........
um, never mind.

Mark: No, go on... you were saying?
t...witch?
t...rip out?
t...hink?
Don't look at me like that.

Me: would
...type (60 wpm)
...tap dance!
Hey, don't make fun of my new nickname, Raymond "GOCHU (hot pepper)"!
It's not funny. :(

Cyn: oh. but. it. is.
=D
hahahaha!!!
i like it myself, tho, raymond. 8)

Alex: how do u know that i cant relate to your problems? sure, i may not have to pay my bills, but if you relate your full time job to my school and part time job, it's about the same - all relative...

Terence: I'll be 25 in November. And Alex, you can't relate it when you're young. It's like having an 11 yr old relate to your problems, etc.

Alex: of course i cant relate to the EXACT same things. But like i said, you may hve things that you consider importnat in your life, such as turning in some big report to your boss - and you'll be stressing on that. And i'll have the same issue, except it'll be a history report worth 40% of my grade? Like I said, it's all relative..
______________
Danny: Yeah Alex, let's say that your little four page history report on the civil war stresses you out. Because we all know that in high school, that paper could mean the end of your existence.

Let see, I have to do 8 pie charts, and a bunch of graphs due tomorrow at the end of the day. I don't turn my work in. I lose my job.

Alex doesn't turn his work in. Alex goes to summer school.

Alex gets his allowance and drives around in a high end sports car that his mommy and daddy bought.

I get my allowance every 15 days and drive around in a flea infested sportscar that hasn't been the envy of anyone for over 6 years.

I watch television knowing full well that I am paying for the cable/satellite.

Alex watches television for free boobies.

Dude, you obviously have been sucking on the chronic way way WAY too much to even say what you did. I may be OLD, but damn Alex.... don't think we are too much alike. It is not all relative.

Now I can turn this around, "Alex, in 13 years some little noob is going to sitting there calling you an old man and laughing at you. Then he is going to make a comparison like this and just at that moment, right at that split second, you are going to understand why that statement you made is wrong."

You still annoy me Jawa and I will warn you if you ever IM me again, but I am not mad at you. You are just young.
______________
Rasee: Have you ever heard a man say he could relate to a woman's period cramps? So he's had stomachaches, but does he really know how she feels when she's curled up on that bed all day?
Or how about thinking you understand how someone feels because her loved one died and your boyfriend walked out on you? You can try to understand. You might even come close to getting it. But you *don't* truly understand her pain. You can't. Not unless you've loved someone that way and lost them that way.
You can *try* to understand, Alex, but you can't truly understand until you've been there. And neither can I. I work three jobs and am trying to get myself to grad school without anyone's help. That is *nothing* like working to support two or three other people, being a parent, or depending on a job for survival.

Alex: I see, my apologies, to everyone - I didnt mean to make it seem like you weren't all stressed at all.
But, I just felt that you weren't giving us as much credit as us teenagers deserve. And, secondly, Danny, when is a 93 honda civic a sports car?

Danny: Please stop Alex... you are making me roll on the ground laughing.... [to be continued]


Home