Posted 2:32 AM
by DUH
"What was it about your significant other or love-of-your-life (so far) that really grabbed you and made you at least hope they were The One. A scene, a word, a walk, an attitude, (a nipple shot), or a quality that made them different for you. Or do you blame liquor and green M&M's? Silly superficial things are good too, because obviously, they led to something deeper, and we are all stoopid like that sometimes. :-)"
My reply:
There were two moments.
One time, I was ranting and talking and complaining and crying because I felt like he had absolutely no time for me. I was a total bitch/nag. He had just started his surgery residency at a university hospital. And understandably, he was always not available for me. And I was feeling insecure.
He hugged me, stroked my hair and said patiently: "Hormones, baby. I think you're going to have your period. Stop now, please honey. I love you." I stopped crying.
True enough, the next day, I had my period.
From that moment on, I felt: Here was someone who understood me and accepted me like no one else could. And this someone, I think, I could love forever.
The second time was when I got sick, as in really sick. I called him up on the cellphone. Throughout my trip from work to home, he was telling me what to do, what medicine to buy. And when I reached home, he arrived just a few minutes later. He left work to spent the whole day taking care of me--and I knew he was a very busy person. He took time off for ME! He even slept beside me the whole day, caressing the pain away like I was some kid. While I watched him fall asleep beside me, I knew, that this guy would love and care for me in a way I will never experience ever again. : ) I will never forget him.