Posted 2:43 PM
by Anonymous
Say Hi to Sylvia!
Hi everybody, it's
Sylvia [
her biography], and Raymond has generously invited me to be part of the incredible blogging giant that is Tiger Cafe. I get to play the role of pseudo-swimming guru and liberal-politico extraordinaire, among other exciting roles. Mostly, I'm just a 19-year-old girl with a lot of time on my hands and a lot of Internet at my fingertips. I spent six weeks of my summer interning for
Senator Lieberman in his D.C. office, and I've also lent my help to a local
Green Party campaign as well as
Democracy Rising, the Ralph Nader super rallies that tour the country. Recently I've decided to make my long-time dream of competing in a triathlon happen. The first step? Invest in a road bike to train on. We'll see if that notion wins my dad's approval. I've got my eye on the
New York City Triathlon within, let's say, five to seven years. That sounds like enough time to get in shape, right?
Today's Krugman editorial (NY Times) is a fairly refreshing read in for a mainstream news source. Krugman points out the super-obvious: the Republicans use "fake populism, based on staged shmoozing with ordinary Americans and attacks on the imagined cultural elitism of the liberal media", while the Democrats are not populist enough. I've been saying this for years, I can't imagine why I don't have a regular column in the New York Times.
