Tiger Cafe     
    

Thursday, August 22, 2002


Remember I was gushing over the short film Little Sister a few days ago?

Please go watch it on IFILM, guys, and give it a rating! I promise you will really enjoy it.

Paul Bock, the director, wrote me:
Raymond:

Glad you dug, Little Sister! I'm just a starving filmmaker in LA, so any positive feedback helps!

Little Sister has pretty much had it's festival run already. Well, played Dances With Films here in LA about a year ago. I didn't really want to play any other festivals, I couldn't really afford to cut neg and make a print, and I don't really like how video projection looks. Well, I promised myself my next film I will definitely make a print. To be honest with you, I didn't even want to go on the net, especially ifilm, I'll tell you what, though, ifilm has been nothing but great to me, so I'm glad I submitted to them.
One member of IFILM reviewed it thus:
Paul Bock's directorial debut is an imaginative short film that transcends the realm of banality. In short, Little Sister reminds us why we love movies. At the crux, Paul’s vision is simple, yet funny and thought provoking, inviting the viewer to share Paul’s dream at its highest level. Brilliant! This is a film about finding happiness where you would never have thought to look for it. It mocks the mainstream by proving that the great--albeit diminishing--art of storytelling does not have to be sacrificed in favor of insipid "eye candy." Yet this film stands out from most other indie films by dodging the clichéd trivialities that have become ubiquitous in the independent arena. The characters are unique and handled exceptionally well by the film's four main stars-to-be. Its only major flaw is its brevity. It would have worked equally as well as a feature-length movie. I highly recommend viewing Little Sister.


Home