Posted 5:53 PM
by Blah blah
Rejection Stories
Cyn asks about your pathetic
tales of rejection on RBJ. My reply:
Ok Cyn, get some popcorn for this complicated tale...
A few years ago I was taking this dance class. On first coming in, I knew no one and just stood, glancing around. Two girls on my right started talking to me. The older girl was studying in my field, closer to my age, and from China. The younger girl, from Thailand, was more sexy and wore this red dress.
At first we all took turns dancing with each other, and they seemed to both be flirting with me. I knew it was dumb to encourage both of them, so I had to make a decision. (Guys, you can imagine my dilemma! And NO, this had not happened to me before.)
I stuck more with the girl from China, because we seemed to have more in common. We started to dance more that night and things seemed to be going well.
A few days later, we had our next class. Before it started, I looked around for Chinese girl but didn't see her. Thai girl, however, was there and dressed even more seductively.
"HI!" she yelled. "So what happened to that other girl? She must have quit the class." She started flirting with me.
Of course, that's when Chinese girl decided to walk in.
Her mood totally changed. She became icy and serious and was really tense when she danced. It became painful to talk to her.
C'mon, I had JUST met both of them!
So I turned to Thai girl. But by then she had started flirting with other guys, and boy, did she shoot me down! The rest of the class I danced with neither of them much at all!
"From dust ye came
and to dust ye shall return."
What a big laugh! I'll tell this story to my grandkids. :D
[P.S. A few months later I met Chinese girl again, in a software class. This time she approached me and we went out.]