Tiger Cafe     
    

Saturday, August 03, 2002


Bathing Rituals

In the comments of her bathing drama below, Unica Hija asks why I don't talk about MY bathing rituals. I think this explains a difference between men and women.

Men have no "bathing rituals." Women make a shower into a five-course Italian dinner. You talk of cucumber and sea salt body scrubs, gels, and shaving "off everything that needed to be shaved." You associate every smell and sensation with a chapter of your life. You scrutinize every bulge or mark on your body, checking for signs of Communist rebellion. So much fun in the bathroom, and that's even BEFORE you bring a man into the picture!

My mind is pretty blank when I take a shower. I didn't know that some women thought SO much that they had enacted part of a Danielle Steel novel by the time they finished rinsing their hair.

How about YOU? Share your bathing rituals!

Miyu started a discussion on RBJ about skin care routines.

For Unica Hija, I've started a Bathing Ritual topic there too! Rasee that lyrical writer in Bangkok, already replied. Mona just cracked me up with this reply:
Ray,

I don't know if I should contribute to your fetish fantasy of watching women taking baths. But I'll humor you just the same because I'm a pervert at heart, like you.
...
11) Take my light green loofah and lather with liquid soap. Wash whole body.
12) Rince conditioner in hair and soap on body.
13) Last thing I do, is use a facial bar of soap from Origins.
14) When I get out my filtered water is sitting there along with a clean pair of underware waiting for me.
15) I towel off and usually put on my cotton panties and head straight to the computer to check email naked.
16) I like to let my hair air dry and walk around naked.
Hey Mona, it's not just for me. Think of this as a public service!


Home