Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 30, 2002


With her new poem Foreplay, I'm having halo-cinations. Should we crown her Miss Erotica or what?

A more mundane topic: long distance phone service. It seems like the only people who call me at home nowadays are telemarketers. Recently I got called by what seems like a mainland Chinese company in Los Angeles. They offered the cheapest international rates I have EVER seen. I currently use TCast Communications for all my long distance. They give excellent service and I never have complaints with them. Currently I pay about 7 cents/min to call France, 10 cents to Taiwan, and something equally cheap to China.

This new company blew my earlobes away, and I am now leaving TCast and switching to these astounding rates:

7.9 cents/min to China (except HK), Japan, and Singapore
6.9 cents/min to Hong Kong and Taiwan
9.9 cents/min to Malaysia
5.9 cents/min to France and Canada
4.9 cents/min throughout the whole U.S. (outside of the Bay Area) AND the U.K. Britain and the U.S. are the same!
Here's the catch: 15.9 cents/min to the Philippines. That's gonna shorten my contact with you Filipina bloggers (*sniff*).

For you outside the U.S., you see why the telecommunications industry collapsed the last two years? It has become so DIRT CHEAP to call someone through a land line. That's another fact you can use to prod your lazy boyfriends or girlfriends to call you.

If you want to know what service it is, email me. I don't want to post the name or else they may get swamped.

ALSO, did you know that anyone can call
700-555-4141 to find out his long distance carrier? I just found out. Try it!


Home