Tiger Cafe     
    

Saturday, July 20, 2002


Unica Hija, I agree with much of this and wish I could live up to its ideals (which I don't). Thank you very much for posting it! :D

1. ABSOLUTELY. The number one cause of conflict is trying to get the other person to change to fit your liking (or having someone try to change you.) See if you can live with his or her faults NOW.

2. True, for the long-term. Someone who's a good laugh but who never shows up or calls is no deal.

3. I'll pass on this. I don't think you feel strongly about this "Jewish intimacy" either, U H.

4. I think this has been the main cause of my breakups. We may get along well and be attracted to each other, but our goals and priorities are askew.

5. I see that happening. Not to me.

6. This definitely has happened to me. Being an NF (Myers-Briggs) type, I cannot go long for flash without emotional substance.

7. I see it happening to others. And yeah, when someone incessantly nags and criticizes you, goodbye safety net!

8. Very perceptive. I have been guilty of this.

9. Yes. We need to have that sense of our own identity and strength before we can maturely get together with someone. But then we also need to have a longing, a gap somewhere, to justify us seeking a partner in the first place! We can't be TOO aloof and independent.

10. Yes. Triangles tend to happen to me. :(


Home