Posted 12:42 PM
by Blah blah
Two great things last night: I met
Jasmin for the first time! She came with her boyfriend Mike to Amabelle's beach bonfire. I will post pix and details later. Jasmin is definitely a shy sweetie! Beautiful new blog design, lady! Second: I watched
Hart's War, with Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell. Although somewhat unrealistic, it's an excellently written and touchingly acted movie. EXCELLENT and I HIGHLY recommend it! All the main characters were Oscar-worthy actors. The Nazi POW leader and the black airman Scott were nuanced, complex, and otherwise fantastic! I know S X would watch Colin Farrell anyway, even if he were wearing a potato sack and reading lines from a circuit diagram. Just bring an extra bib, S, to catch your drool.
In a few hours I'm attending another BBQ. It's the annual summer BBQ for our political club. I'm on the board of our county Democratic club (it's related to the TV talk show I do), and we'll be honoring women Democrats. A couple of women political candidates will be there---one running for Congress and one running for the California State Assembly.
Just a pipe dream?
From RBJ:
What college did you attend?
Me:
I graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in Chemical Engineering (which means three years of chemistry and four of engineering). I took the Applied Physics option (two years of physics). (I never took an English course.)
I want to go for an MBA. Not sure about the details yet. But I think ultimately I will end up more on the business/marketing side of things, since that is closer to my personality.
What would I really like to get into? Maybe it's just a dream, but---the entertainment business. I would like to help make movies or TV shows. I find technology for its own sake extremely boring, but science and technology for artistic purposes---that would drive me.