Tiger Cafe     
    

Friday, July 05, 2002


Trixy says I am this: "Maginoo pero medyo bastos." Thank you, I am flattered! I've never been called something that sounds like "bastard" before and had it mean a good thing. Please translate this from Tagalog. I hope you don't mean one of Heartless Bitches International's Nice Guys.

Unica Hija calls me a gamma male. I like that!

My Chinese-Filipina cousin Isabelle replies:
Maginoo means noble or gentlemanly
pero means but
medyo means somewhat
bastos means rude, or naughty something like that.

Maginoo pero medyo bastos is often used to describe
a Filipina's idea of an ideal male. They want someone
who is good and kind (maginoo) but at the same time, a
guy who is well-rounded enough to have a sort of
naughtiness (bastos), or sarcasm to him.
This is a fantastic phrase! We need one like it in English.

Why this girl doesn't date "Nice Guys." Likewise, I have similar problems with girls who are too "nice," or with "church girls." Flip what she says about "guys" to "girls" and it describes me:
I have a caustic, dark sense of humor completely lost on the average nice guy. Some of the things I think could never be uttered in such a guy's presence. Kinda indicates that my mind works in different ways, no?

I've had a lot of different experiences based on what I felt like doing at the time. Not all of those experiences are things that "nice girls" do. I'm not ashamed of them and I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. The "nice guys" I meet just haven't been where I've been. [T]hey haven't lived that much...I'm not interested.
I also prefer girls who "have lived and have some sensuality" about them. Since Asian girls are typically overprotected by their parents, I tended to date older women till a few years ago. Found them more interesting.


Home