Tiger Cafe     
    

Monday, July 22, 2002


Top 10 Jeopardy! Dream Categories

Speaking of game shows, I love Jeopardy!. Lately, I haven't been seeing it on air in the local cable channels here in Manila. I really don't know if it's still in existence. Anyone know? Yeah, I miss Alex Trebek and the Jeopardy theme: tan-ne-nan-tan-tan-nen-nan-tan-nen-na-tan-ten-tenanenanen. . .

So what's my point? One of my favorite authors, Douglas Coupland, wrote a book titled "Microserfs." The main character is Daniel, a smart-as-a-whip tester/bug checker at Microsoft. And he came up with the idea of Jeopardy! dream categories. Here's an excerpt:

"I am danielu@microsoft.com. If my life was a game of Jeopardy! my seven dream categories would be:

*Tandy products
*Trash TV of the late 70s and early 80s
*The history of Apple
*Career anxieties
*Tabloids
*Plant life of the Pacific Northwest
*Jell-O 1-2-3"


At the moment, my own top ten Jeopardy! dream categories would be:

1. Douglas Coupland
2. Award winning advertising campaigns
3. Beauty Products
4. Self-help Jargon
5. Shoe Fetish
6. Coffee Mania
7. Pop Psychology for the Millennium
8. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
9. Design 100
10. Acid Jazz Artists

What's yours?



Home