Tiger Cafe     
    

Sunday, July 28, 2002


Three Poems (forgive me Halo...I could not resist printing this):

Tonight

For my Queen of Clubs, who else?
27-07-02, 23:31:36 by halo


Tonight I will bring you tulips;
the champagne orange ones you love.
You will wrinkle your nose cutely
and pretend to be a fluffy bunny
when really we both know you are
a kitten with claws ready-sharpened.
I will ask you to go out with me,
and you will think about it, and
say, "Okay, he's not free tonight."
I will buy you dinner, and
we will go dancing, and
I will buy you drinks.
You will giggle and turn away boys
and men, and pretend to be drunk.
In the restroom you will admire
yourself in the mirror,
touch up your lipstick,
and pretend you don't know I'm
watching.
When the club closes at four,
I will walk you home, in the
still cold air with the
lonely wash of cars passing,
and we will talk of the things
that you refuse to discuss in
the day.
At your apartment, you will
invite me in, and we will get
drinks from your kitchen,
and go up to your bedroom.
You will call one of your men
and tell him about your day
while I lie across your bed
and calculate the number of
items of clothing you are
wearing.
As you talk about nothing,
I will come behind you
and slide my arms around your
waist, breathe on the back of
your neck, and kiss
your ear
gently,
gently.
Slowly I will
slide my tongue over
salt smooth skin and run
light fingers through the
waves of your hair.
When I reach your shoulders,
you will hang up and turn
to me,
and I will kiss my way up
the long line of your neck
and the curve of your chin.
My mouth will meet yours
in one slow fragment of
time and I will taste the
fruit scent of your
lipstick, your perfume,
your hair.
Your eyes will fall shut,
your hands will tighten
around me as mine hold
you close.
We will kiss,
we will kiss,
we will fall to the bed
and four a.m. will
become five,
then six.
Tonight I will bring you tulips,
and tomorrow,
and tomorrow,
and tomorrow the same.
I will never
tire of this game.

bg : soundtrack to the thomas crown affair

forever
26-07-02, 13:53:16 by halo


forever was
not so long ago,
when milk ran
red with blood and
the sun shone in
spear-glints off the
rings in your ears.
i am the
voice in your ear,
the whisper in your heart.
i make the dolls dance,
the sea churn
and the
stones break.
you pay no
attention to the things
that are forever.
in your tongue,
life lasts
as long as it needs to
and whatever melts,
melts.

taste
25-07-02, 18:34:41 by halo


the night hangs in
dark folds about
us and everywhere
in the red blood is
this pounding beat
of sound.
in the dusk i will
wrap your coils
around me,
top and toe.
i will taste the
scent of
sweat and leather
on my tongue
and in that
one sure instant of
silvered flash and
fevered movement i
will know.
the joy will
come in bitter
shreds somewhere
between the flames of
purgatory and hell,
as certain as the
shattered
dreams you sell.
i will wind your
strength around me
and with that taste
of darkness i
will know.
but where i go,
and what i know,
i will not tell.


Home