Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, July 03, 2002



Salmon, Swimming, and Nighties

Sunday night, we baked salmon and barbequed chicken for dinner on that electric grill we used for my birthday last year. I'm lucky my housemate cooks well. He made the finger-licking marinating sauce. We baked the salmon in our normal oven, and boy was it unusually juicy and tender! Yummmmy!

You should really try an electric BBQ grill. It's much cleaner than a charcoal one, heats up quickly, is compact and light, and cooks food just as tastily. I love ours! With only a few wipes, I washed most of the black gunk away and cleaned it in ten minutes!

Sunday and Monday were also excruciatingly hot at home: 87 F in the shade. I've begun to swim more regularly to sizzle off my internal combustion engine. 30 laps Sunday night, plus lots of jacuzzi time Monday night, around 10 pm. In this dry heat, it felt sooo good just to get wet, knead out some of my stiff neck muscles, and lie drenched with salty water on the pool chair, staring at the stars and slowly inhaling the breeze. I felt as relaxed as a topless woman on the sundeck of a Carnival cruise ship. (Not that I would know this personally.)

Speaking of topless, my housemate's girlfriend spends most of her days and nights at our house and basically lives with us now. She dresses very well. We are so used to seeing her walking around by day in her red silk nightie, that sometimes that's how I mark the passing of the days. (Another nightie, another day...get it?) Too late, guys, we put blinds up already! (Haha.)

A few days ago, she and I were both working at home, and someone unlocked our door and walked up the stairs. Thinking it was my housemate, I called out: "Why are you back so early from work?" The figure turned into HIS MOM!

His girlfriend came out of the bedroom briefly, glanced at this woman, and closed her door again. His mom didn't say anything about the girl but just talked to me and left quickly. Afterwards my housemate and the girl were freaking, because she has never formally met his mom! Says she doesn't feel comfortable yet. And she had not said hi and just shut the door on his mom! Whooops...

At least the girl was nightie-free at the time!



Home