Tiger Cafe     
    

Sunday, July 14, 2002


I've reorganized my left column links. Added my favorite news links. Please check them out if you are unfamiliar with them. Hope my shorthand on the upper left (SF, NY, SCal, Other...) helps you find things quickly. Also, did you see that my TagBoard on the left archives your comments? Clicking on the icon that looks like a piece of paper will show the most recent archives. It's between the Submit button and smiley face.

Am seeing a rise in blogs of people looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend. Check out this woman Edie in New York City: A Mating Call in the Concrete Jungle: Searching for Mister pretty-close-to-Right. She's witty and edgy, something that Nice Guy Scott of The Date Project was (*yawn*) not.

I tried searching Google for other blogs marked, like mine, with BlogChalks in California. Found this lady Denise in Newport Beach (Orange County) and her blog, Bag and Baggage. Am adding her to my reading list. She says: "I am an appellate lawyer with the firm Crosby, Heafey, Roach & May. My experience and proficiency include partnership and contract law, as well as internet and intellectual property issues." Yay---an experienced lawyer's blog, with an intellectual property background too! Reading her will help satiate the lawyer's side of my personality. Check out her neatly organized links, which cover people who study, practice, teach, and otherwise use the law. She blogs with footnotes (it figures) and graduated from my alma mater.

One of the things I love about blogs and journalling is that they have attracted so many types of people into the fold that we can share the thoughts and wisdom of older, more experienced professionals in a wide range of fields. Of people completely opposite to us. I like how they are not just the home of computer geeks or teens or people wandering around searching for themselves. I like how, in one swoop, blogs and the friends you make from them shoot holes through the borders of geography, age, sex, race, religion, social class, physical attractiveness, and personality (like shyness) into which we keep smashing in real life. I like how I don't have to comb my hair before I talk to you. I like how I don't need to care whether someone, who left me a comment, picks his teeth in public. He has an idea and zaps it to me. I welcome it, naked and unfiltered. Blogging is pure broadcasting for the mind. Patrick Henry would have loved it.


Home