Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 16, 2002


INFP

Halo asks why I think she is an INFP. I have a Myers-Briggs Personality Type page, Halo. Although I don't always agree with it, it is a helpful way to roughly classify people. The Net has many descriptions of INFPs.

I think I am more ENFP but want to be more ENTJ to get things done. About relationships, believe it or not, I can be very objective when necessary. I don't spend that much time mourning dead relationships or grieving at funerals. ENFP is a journalist's personality, which says that ideally I would be a foreign correspondent, talk show host, psychologist, or diplomat. And it says that I enjoy talking to strangers and can build rapport just like that. ENTJ is a typical lawyer or manager's personality. I can see both sides of an issue well and without emotion.

What is your Myers-Briggs type, everyone?

Q: How many INFPs does it take to change a light bulb?

A: I think it only takes one, but the question is how long will the task be put off? After all, do I really *need* that light bulb? Think of all the possibilities in working around the need for that light bulb! And then, when the impossiblity of the possiblities is too obvious to pretend to not see, the bulb gets changed.

A: ...come to think of it, I need to change a lightbulb ... the one on my front porch, so it's a pretty important one ... it's been that way for, oh, a while now ...
How many INFP's does it take to change a lightbulb? Apparently, this whole listfull, to listen to me ramble about my need to change my lightbulb and give me encouragement and support to reassure me that eventually I'll "find my inner lightbulb" and it will all be OK!

A: the light bulb doesn't need to change! just because it's different from other light bulbs, doesn't mean that it isn't just as good... besides, it might hurt its feelings...

A: Why change it, it might just be exploring its shadow side.

A:Some possible answers:
1. Never get around to changing it at all, because hey, next time you're in a bad mood and walk under it, it will go out again anyway.
2. The lightbulb isn't really burnt out; it's just you.
3. How many does it take? I'll tell you later when I feel sure I've got the right answer.
4. I couldn't think of a fourth good answer, but figured there should be at least four options.

A: What lightbulb?


Home