| Tiger Cafe | ||
Best | Links to Me | Blog News Links |
|
Home | Older pages
Med|Politics|Biotech|CS
Medicine
WebPath: Pathology
San Francisco Bay AreaPathology Links Medical Dictionary Clinical Pharm Review Drug Info Resources Medical Pharmacology Pharmacology Notebook Ron Rinehart's Drugs Page Tortora, Anatomy Cell Biology Book GASNet Anesthesiology Medical Biochemistry Medilexicon Metabolic Pathways, Biochem Microbiology Book Molec. Bio Guide Virtual Anesthesiology Textbook Free Medical Journals JAMA NEJM Anesthesiology Anesthesia & Analgesia Autopsy Report CRNA at Georgetown blog CRNA at USC blog DB's Medical Rants Interns' Diary MDapplicants.com Medlogs.com Non-Traditional Student Dr Jrnls RangelMD.com SOAP Notes: Natalie's Diary (Surgeon) Student Doctor Network Am. Soc. of Anesthesiologists CDC Duke PA Program Alumni Emerging Infectious Diseases Dr. Eugene Stead Free Medical Journals Harvard World Health News Medical Economics Medscape NCAHF NOVA (PBS) Occupational Outlook Handbook Physician Assistant World Primary Care Guide Quackwatch ScienceDaily Science Online Scientific American The Skeptic's Dictionary WHO Yahoo! Health News
Prof. Brad DeLong (Berkeley)
Asia/OceaniaCraig (founder of Craigslist) Duke (Oakland) Eric (SF) FitsandStarts (UCSF)* In Passing... (Berkeley) Prof. Larry Lessig (Stanford) Que Sera Sera SF Bay Area Journals SF Bay Bloggers Tessa
Alaysia (Sydney)
CanadaChina Blogs Christina1/C2/C3 (Nanjing) Ellen (Manila) John (Hangzhou) Kim Jong-Il (N. Korea) Patrick (Beijing) Unica Hija/Top 10 (Manila) Europe/Middle East
Emily (London)
MidwestJoyce (UK) Osama Bin Laden Saddam Hussein Stuart Hughes (BBC) (London) Supermodels/SALTYT (Paris) NY/DC/New England
All2Swift (Yale)
South/SouthwestBazima (NYC) Edie, dating blog (NYC) Gawker (NYC) Gothamist (NYC) Halley (Boston) Harvard Weblogs Jeff (New Jersey) Joe (Charlottesville, VA)* Josh/Cyan Pictures (NYC) Julie (cooking blog) (NYC) Prof. Paul Krugman (Princeton) Phineas (NYC)* Thea (Dartmouth) Ze's Blog (NYC) Southern California
Anna (San Diego)
OtherBich Ngoc (LA) Bill (LA) Charlie (San Diego) Jason (LA) Kaila1/Kaila2 (LA) Mark Kines (LA) Pamie (LA) Peggy (Orange County) Wil Wheaton (LA)
Best of Craigslist
NewsBreakup Girl Bunnie Damn Hell Ass Kings FuckedCompany HowStuffWorks Internalmemos Kuro5hin.org Mark Cuban Blog Metafilter PickUpYourOWNDamnSocks! Rabbit Blog Technorati Technorati Profile True Porn Clerk Stories
Salon.com
PoliticsYahoo! Full Coverage Google News New York Times Charlie Rose ![]() Commonwealth Club ![]() Conversations w/ History (Berkeley)Council on Foreign Relations C-SPAN ![]() Frontline (PBS) ![]() National Public Radio (NPR) NewsHour (PBS) ![]() NOVA (PBS) ![]() Rice Univ. Webcasts ![]() World Affairs Council ![]() Agence France-Presse AlterNet Ananova Asia Times Online Associated Press Atlantic Monthly BBC News Brookings Institution Business 2.0 BusinessWeek CBS MarketWatch CNN CNN/Money Council on Foreign Relations The Economist Financial Times Forbes Foreign Affairs Fortune Globe and Mail The Guardian/The Observer The Guardian Weblog Inc The Independent Investor's Business Daily Le Monde diplomatique Los Angeles Times Mother Jones New Yorker NY Times Magazine New York Review of Books Newsweek NOW Bill Moyers Poynter Reuters San Francisco Chronicle San Jose Mercury News Scientific American Slate South China Morning Post Time The Times Wall St. Journal OpinionJournal United Nations News United Press International U.S. Congress (THOMAS) U.S. State Department Washington Monthly Washington Post Wired World Sex News Yahoo! Finance Yahoo! News YaleGlobal
Adam Felber
EntertainmentAir America Radio ![]() Daily Kos Eric Alterman Eschaton The Gadflyer Howard Dean John Kerry Michael Moore MoveOn.org PollingReport Scott Rosenberg (SF) This Modern World Whitehouse.org
Metacritic
SoftwareOnline Film Critics Society Yummy Women Yahoo! Movies AskMen.com AtomFilms Crime Library Daily Show Jon Stewart ![]() David Letterman ![]() Drew's Script-O-Rama Eric Conveys an Emotion Esquire Great American Speeches Greg (movie making) Hollywood Reporter Hong Kong Entertainment How to Write Drama IFilm Joe Frank ![]() Loveline (Adam & Dr. Drew) movieblog The Onion Roger Avary (film blog) SalsaCrazy Screenwriting (Daniel Knauf) Screenwriters Utopia The Smoking Gun Stupid Movie Physics Supermodels (SALTYT) Television Without Pity Tom Cruise|TC 2 Variety View Askew (Kevin Smith) Virtual Producer Ze's Page
OraclePower Tutorials
BiotechEverything Oracle dBforums Oracle Mag Oracle Tech Network VisualRoute (traceroute) Microsoft Developer Network Microsoft .NET Sun Java Page Sun Java Documentation Java Dev. Journal Alan Williamson (JDJ editor) Dave Winer Prof. David Eppstein Prof. Jon Pearce M. Fowler (Refactoring) Computerworld Discuss.Develop.com Game Programming IBM alphaWorks IBM developerWorks Mathtools.net OpenGL Robocode (IBM, Java) Slashdot TopCoder W3C Activities W3Schools Tutorials Webmonkey
NCBI
Bioinformatics.Org Bay Area Bioinf Disc Gp O'Reilly Bioinf Stanford Guide to Bioinf Bioinf Courses (BioTech) Google Bioinformatics Google Bioinf Journals Google Medical Inf Intl Soc Comp Bio Science Online Public Lib. of Sci Bio S*Star Online Lectures Stanford Comp. Molec Bio Stanford Comp. Genomics Stanford Microarray DB UCSC Bioinformatics * New links |
Thursday, July 18, 2002
In the spirit of tremendous laziness, I reprint this entry I wrote last April:
Dating Requirements First, how could we ever forget crazy Mary, the Gentle, Strong, Seeks Chivalrous Agnostic or Atheist woman? [Check her out. She will drive you nuts with her lawyer's brief disguised as a personal ad.] Breakupgirl [now out of business] writes her (imaginary) Big Daddy of dating requirements: Otherwise easygoing SF, 29, in urban environment near excellent day school and gourmet supermarket with world-class cheese selection, seeks 31 to 36 year-old, Ivy League grad (except Penn), at least 5' 10", maximum 180 lbs., manageable hair, Fight Club physique (pec to waist ratio .33). Fiscal conservative/social liberal. Profession: law, medicine, banking, Internet (post-IPO); company must have groundbreaking paternity leave policy. Acceptable college majors: Economics, East Asian Studies, Pre-Med (no Theatre). Hobbies: eastern philosophies, pan-Asian cooking, puppies (yet still masculine). Conversational/business Japanese a must; also, two romance languages and ability to recite by heart prologue of Canterbury Tales (Ellesmere manuscript). SAT score at least 1550 (math-to-verbal ratio .66). No family history of medical problems (hypertension, osteoporosis, myopia, anemia, acne vulgaris, orthodonture, lazy eye, scoliosis; tennis elbow ok) or mass-market inclinations (angels, "Jekyll and Hyde," Nicholas Sparks, waving outside Today Show). Must be civil to (but not "friends" with) ex-girlfriends (maximum: 2). Informed, witty, self-starter: equally comfortable chatting at state dinners or changing a tire. Please send letter, photo, high school and college transcripts, 3 recommendations (1 academic, 1 professional, 1 non-threatening yet savvy friend-girl) plus two 750-word essays on the topics: (1) "What Foucault's Pendulum Means to Me" and (2) "Why I Always Share My Feelings." As I have no time to date, let's meet and break up over macchiatos. (You forgot to add: "tells the truth during impeachment hearings.") Breakupgirl, who got dumped herself by her parent company Oxygen Media, [was] my favorite relationship columnist. Walk with me as I shop through some of her (American) readers' requirements: "I won't date smokers, fundamentalists, guys who hate cities, guys who want kids, guys who have kids, or guys who think 'personal growth' refers to athlete's foot. Know anyone?" -- Fawn (You are so vivid. Hold on, I am still erasing that foot image...) "I will never date a man who doesn't love pickles." -- Angie (Umm...check!...I think. It's McDonald's tonight, baby!) "Have a dog; Have short hair. Short hair. Look at a seal to see what I mean by "short." (Actually, here's my super bonus ready-made standard of comparison. "How like Lisa Simpson are you?") -- Londonien (After 7 years of marriage she plans to turn LESBIAN.) "I date only ranchers and cowboys because they tend to possess the qualities/attributes I want in a man. A professional, 'sensitive' man in Dockers just doesn't do it for me, so I'll leave those guys to the multitudes of women who lust after them. It all works out if we just stick with what makes our heart skip a beat and stay true to ourselves. Gotta have: hat, boots, full-size ext-cab truck, mutt, distaste for cultural activities, and a confident strut in jeans." -- Jennie (Hey Jennie! I have a friend named "Boss Hogg" you should meet...) "I've realized that he has to want me as badly as I want him. He has to be prepared to make the effort. I'm not going to spend my life with someone I have to persuade. Maybe that's why I'm so damn single. I'm tired of the relationships that made me feel worthless if he didn't wake up next to me each morning unable to believe his luck. I'm lonely -- but I was lonely then, too, really -- and at least now I have my dignity to keep me warm." -- Eleanor (Christine! You already put up your requirements on your own website. Please get off mine... :p) Hmmm, let's check out some of these requirements of mainland Chinese girls, shall we?: "Do you know that I’m still waiting for you? I’m looking for you, who love me, coming to find me...I dislike to have so many money, grand house, and luxury car. I want to be loved by you. When you love me, I’m not sure it will be long lasting,. If you happen to meet a new one, I will be off you without any hesitation, for I love you more. You’re happy, so I’m happy, too. However, I expect from the bottom of my heart, that we will be together forever, till someday we will recall our life wonderfully. It is beautiful for me to be loved with your heart and soul. I’m the only daughter of my mother, please do not cheat and hurt me with you mercy. For you’re really doing harm to her. I love my mother." -- Laixi (She's romantic and frugal---plus you get TWO women for the price of one) "Considerate man." -- Joyce (Short and to the point. Maybe she's really a gay man?) "l looking a husber i knew a little english and i am studing english hardly Finally,
|