Posted 10:25 AM
by Blah blah
From RBJ: What
Guy Movies do You Like?
Here's my list:
Just saw "Hart's War" with Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell. EXCELLENT script and acting! It just came out this year. Very much a guy's movie, but a THINKING guy's movie.
Carlos, I cannot get enough of "Ben-Hur" with Charleton Heston!!! It is one of my top 6 movies of all time. I can watch it 10 times and not get tired.
Other "guy's" movies I really enjoy:
Top Gun (Tom Cruise, Anthony Edwards, Val Kilmer)
Terminator 2 (Schwartzenegger)
Supercop (Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh)
Rumble in the Bronx (Jackie Chan)
Eraser (Schwartzenegger and Vanessa Williams)
Air Force One (Harrison Ford)
The Fugitive (Harrison Ford)
Malcolm X (a guy's movie? Denzel Washington)
Braveheart (Mel Gibson, saw it at least 3-4 times)
The Negotiator (Kevin Spacey and Samuel L. Jackson)
Saving Private Ryan (Tom Hanks)
Gladiator (Russell Crowe)
An Officer and a Gentleman (Richard Gere)
The Bridge on the River Kwai (Alec Guiness)
Lawrence of Arabia (Peter O'Toole)
Citizen Kane (Orson Welles)
James Bond: the Sean Connery, no-apologies-for-being-a-man movies. The best is "From Russia with Love," starring the Italian babe,
Daniela Bianchi.
Scott poked fun at my tastes:
Um ... Malcolm X, Lawrence of Arabia, Citizen Kane, and
AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN are guy movies??
They may be "movies with men" but I think calling them "guy movies" is a bit of a stretch. You might as well put "Ya Ya Sisterhood" in there too then. That had a guy in it - James Garner, I think, haha.
Night out at Raymond's house:
RAYMOND: "Hey guys, lets all watch some high-powered testosterone real man flick tonight!"
GUYS: "Yeah!! *grunt* Ook! Ook! Ahk! Ahkk!"
RAYMOND: "Here's a great guy's movie! Officer and a Gentleman."
GUYS: "... ?!?!? ... eh ... Oh, man, it's getting late, I have to get up early tomorrow ... Yeah, me too .... My cat's probably missing me ... Seeya Raymond."
RAYMOND: "Hey wait! I've got Citizen Kane too!"
__________
Ouch! Hahaha. I just don't think "guy's movie" means only one dimensional characters, relentless action, and no romantic parts. Or that mainly guys would like "guy's movies." Hey, at least I didn't put "Sense and Sensibility."