Posted 10:34 PM
by Blah blah
Awww, Halo. I am touched. :D
I wrote this last year to another shy journaller:
Advantages of being shy. What do you think?
Although I have a marketing personality and am more of an extrovert, I have been more in my "shy mode" recently. When I write, I become shyer, more introspective. Sometimes after that, the unshy world feels less real, less substantial. For some reason, throughout my life, I've been good at making friends with shy people. They tell me I make them feel comfortable, free to be bold with me. To me, they don't act very shy. In college I used to hang out with a lot of people from Japan. Since that is probably one of the shyest cultures on earth, it's weird that they would enjoy my loud, talkative company. I had read so much about the Japanese aversion to obnoxious Westerners and would ask them if I were too overbearing. But they liked me.
My friend and I are laughing loudly at something.
She: Now I'm gonna sing the national anthem for you! LAAAAA! [Does something silly with her hands and eyes.]
Me: Wow! I'll be the flag then. I'm thin enough for you to pin one on me...
She: HAHAHA...I'm glad I met you.
Me: Well you have so many friends and parties to go to...you don't need me.
She: Actually, I'm shy.
Me: WHAT? I would never have thought...
She: Yes, my sister is actually the outgoing one. I am kinda nervous meeting new people.
Me: But you don't act that way with ME....!
She: I know...you are different.
This situation has happened to me so many times, I think I must be a soft pillow for shy people.