Tiger Cafe     
    

Thursday, July 11, 2002



Arrgh. Cynical, Vulgar Girls

Is it just me or do you also find this type of girl totally annoying, vulgar, and cheap? A big turnoff. When I first stumbled upon the Asian American e-zine II Stix, I found it refreshing for the earnest articles. I used to like it. Now I find most of the columnists very cynical, jaded, and crass. I like the many guest writers better than the columnists. Hello Jerry Springer. This girl, for example. She complains about her dating life while "making out" with "just friends" every other day and treating guys like disposable studmuffins. Her attitude is a lot like the folks who were on BlindDateBlog, which also disintegrated into backbiting and trash talk.

She says "we're both swishy urban folk for which casual sex (much less, casual making out) is simply another city sport, like rollerblading down Broadway."

I think a girl like this doesn't have the right to complain about guys treating her like dirt if she spits on the whole process of developing a relationship. She writes in a breezy, cynical way, trying to be funny but not making it because I am making a sour face with my mouth. No wonder she has a lousy dating life. It's as obvious as the smirk on her face.

Is this a common girl you find around LA? I hope not. Fact about me: I've only dated foreign-born girls my whole life. Never dated an American-born one. (Not that I haven't met some really nice Caucasian, black, or Latina girls, for example.) The foreign girls (and I am foreign-born too) tend to be more lady-like, sweet, romantic, and caring---which is my type. They tend to like me more and I them. And it's not just me---Americans I know tend to find them more attractive too.

I dislike it when girls act like this and defend it in the name of "feminism" or "equality." What kind of equality do they want? To be as callous and crass as guys can be sometimes?

blogChalking

Google! DayPop! This is my blogchalk: English, United States, San Jose, California, Raymond, Male! blogchalk: Raymond/Male. Lives in United States/San Jose/California and speaks English. Spends 60% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection.


Home