Posted 9:44 AM
by Blah blah
Whoa, I was really sleepy when I wrote that last entry. What was I SMOKING? Today's entry is scatterbrained, like a David Lynch movie plot. Don't try to connect the dots here. They won't allow it. TGIF everyone! I'm gonna go see Shakespeare's
The Tempest with Lorena tonight.
1. I talked to Laura yesterday, an IBM manager whom I went to for career advice. Based on what I told her I like to do, and on my personality, she strongly urged me to get formal training in project management and to learn stuff like contracts, scope, etc. She thought I would be happy in a job in project management, strategic alliances, or business development. People have usually said I have more of a marketing personality because I am outgoing, like to build relationships, can mediate arguments, can negotiate, etc. Hmmm....in the meantime, though, I'm still gonna go all out for technology and see what happens. Kathleen, are you reading this?
2. I finally got off my butt yesterday and started to refurnish my bedroom to make it into a home office. My housemate and I went to Fry's and in 15 minutes, I bought a new desk, office chair, and tall bookshelf. I completely threw away my old dining set, with four chairs and a table, which I've been lugging around for years. Goodbye to that part of my life! Raymond is reborn. Now I gotta assemble everything, and as my housemate says, "It's a mutha!"
3.
Christina posted some
pix of her officemates, like Jackey. She also took some really
cutie pix of herself with Cherry. Hey, baby...wowr..! :D
4. Key, that big Korean flirt in New York City, linked to me from
her new site. Her
old site. Hey, she uses the same blog software (b2) as Christina! (Kudos to Carlos for working so hard to constantly improve
Rice Bowl Journals, which has a new domain name now!) "Masturbation is Key..." hahaha! (it's a joke on RBJ)
5. I took back what I said about
Julie in my post on "What Women Want?" She wrote me and explained in more detail what actually happened, and I realized I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I'm sorry she felt bad enough to leave the RBJ boards and will miss her insightful and funny comments.
6. I added
Minnie, a Vietnamese girl near Atlanta at the U. of Georgia, to my reading list. She sounds very thoughtful, passionate, and mature. She even gives relationship advice to guys. Not to mention---she's a tease. Please drop by and say hi! Hey Minnie, I visited Atlanta a while back and got to watch this hockey game between Atlanta and our own San Francisco Spiders. Guess who won?