Posted 12:44 PM
by Blah blah
This woman wants to come on our TV show for our next taping, in August, to talk about her trip to Afghanistan. She is amazing---she was mayor of Mountain View and has served on its city council for the last several years. She ALSO is a web developer and even taught a networking class at DeAnza College. She originally studied economics at Cornell. It's cool I'm gonna meet her.
My review of The Bourne Identity, take two:
Actually, never having read the Bourne trilogy, I love this movie! I saw it twice already!
The whole POINT is that Matt Damon is not the typical dumb action hero. He and the others worked hard to make this an intelligent, character-driven story. When he was making the movie, one time Matt told the director he didn't want to say a line a certain cliched way.
Off camera, he nailed the line perfectly in the typical way, but on camera, he did it differently.
Anyhow, I like pretty much all of it. Casting Franka Potente was excellent, because she is not a typical blonde action beauty and really convinces me she is one of those wandering students you meet all over when you travel.
I especially love the first parts, where Matt looks dazed and awkward in discovering his powers, like Tobey did in Spider-Man. I like the awkwardness between Matt and Franka too. It shows his consideration for her feelings and is more realistic. I love how they show his own gradually increasing disgust with his work and the assassin's ambivalence about his work.
Both Matt and Franka gave complex, smart performances. Intriguing and thrilling. Jekyll and Hyde-like. Way better than Ben Affleck's in
The Sum of All Fears. I give this movie an A.
If you want Schwartzennegger, go somewhere else.