Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, June 11, 2002


Sunday, I finally put in some time to do this exterior detail on my car. After a wax, rub with clay, and polish, my car is an incredibly shiny red now. It gleams like a toothpaste commercial---fantastic what you can do for only 80 bucks. A footnote: some idiot hit my car between Saturday and Sunday, when it was parked. I found this bent-in rear left fender and no one 'fessing up to it. Luckily, it was mostly bent in one place, with little scratching. I reached into the trunk and popped the fender out with my hand, and now it almost looks untouched.

Sally came over Sunday to try the jacuzzi. Hadn't seen her for a while, and she was making all these excuses about not being able to stand the cold water of the pool. I should have splashed her, but I didn't. If I've been in the jacuzzi a few minutes, it feels plenty warm to swim in mildly cold water for a while---trust me. This time I only got in 20 laps and had to go. We caught up over dinner. This Friday, Lorena and I will go see Shakespeare's The Tempest. I haven't seen Shakespeare since at least a year ago in Cupertino Memorial Park, and I understand that this is NOT a play in which everybody dies. All compelling reasons to go.

Saturday I will be hosting two more tapings of our political TV show, Straight Talk. For the first show I'll interview this woman Fran about social security. For the second, I'll talk to my friend Dr. Lisa about the laser tattoo clinic for street kids where she helps out on the side.

Speaking of soul searching and new directions for me, Christine in Taipei recently laid out her life history (and resume) and says she now FINALLY knows what she wants to do with her life: "I am very ready to settle down and commit to where I am today -- to my life here in Taipei (or wherever it is I may find myself...), to my friends, and to my relationships. That is what I want in my life." What the hell? You are as vague as a politician, Christine! (I met her in person last December.) Mona, very unique, is like a Philippine cousin of Christine's.

[Christine replied to me (HAHA):
VAGUE!?

Dood it took me 4 hours to write that!

I'm ready to commit to the "here and now" and
no longer wish to keep thinking about tomorrow,
moving back to U.S., thinking my friends here
aren't as "real" as my friends in the U.S.,
dating haphazardly without responsibility
and attracting THOSE kinds of men, etc.

How much more clear can it be???

Gasp!]
The company she is starting, Oriented, has been launching all of these publicity parties in Asia and recently had one in Palo Alto.

Remember this: The 9 secrets to becoming a millionaire.

I will focus on building up our business at home. That's my plan for the next month. No school. No more thinking or sensitivity or mush. It's ENTJ time.


Home