Posted 3:42 PM
by Blah blah
Hey guys, try using my new
TAGBOARD on the left. It lets you leave short messages and talk with others too! It's a tiny message board.
____________
What a concept!
Feeding off rejection. Calling all unpublished writers: For a fee, Penguin Putnam will tell you how bad your manuscript is. (Salon.com)
More on those guilty pleasures: TV dating shows.
Thy tight buns are like a red, red rose (Salon.com):
"I found myself rereading my favorite chapter in medieval scholar Georges Duby's fascinating book...
Love and Marriage in the Middle Ages.
What I found was startling.
The medieval practice of courtly love and the contemporary dating show format evinced shocking similarities. Both were pragmatic, schematic, erotic and vicariously titillating. Both seemed to follow rules and codes established by people far richer and more powerful than the young lovers. Maybe the comparison is a little far-fetched, but all other avenues, like my patience, have been exhausted. Then again, maybe I'm on to something big....Romance as competitive spectator sport." Think
BlindDateBlog too, guys.