Posted 11:06 AM
by Blah blah
One last post before I get my butt moving and get something done:
40 Days or 40 Years
On Rice Bowl Journals, this guy Tony started this discussion thread called
40 Days and 40 Nights. He plans to try to find a girlfriend within 40 days, taking the phrase from the recent Josh Harnett movie, and record his progress on the web. Um...yeah. Here's my reply:
Tony, you must be KIDDING. (*Double take*)
I remember in 1995 someone tried this already, but more eloquently. This guy put up a site called something like "Diary of My Search for a Girlfriend." It was funny and pathetic.
Tony, bro,
1. I think this idea works better as a comedy than a serious drama. If you want some dramatic tension, why don't you promise us you'll do something serious in the (infinitesimal) chance you happen NOT to find a girlfriend? Like you'll become a priest. One who stays away from kids. That will be a more compelling read.
2. No popup windows, please! Why do you leave your entire main page BLANK while you open this teeny window with no scroll bars for us to click through, page by page? Simplicity = godliness.
3. Why 40 days? Why not 40 minutes? Or 40 years? Do you think a girl is gonna appreciate the fact that you chose her to fit the conditions of a Josh Harnett movie?
4. You seem to only want "hot Chinese chicks who speak Mandarin or Cantonese." Why limit yourself? I'm sure there are plenty of hot Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese, and Indian chicks---who are studying hard in graduate school, but who also go clubbing every week---waiting to be discovered by you.
5. Oh, I forgot. You live in LA. That IS how you folks do things down there, is it not?