Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, May 22, 2002


I am grateful to everyone for responding. Thank you! It really lifts my spirits!

Oh man...I look at Elen, Belle, Ellen, and Violet's sites and see all of you have caught a case of the blahs or the blues! Didn't know it was contagious. Ahhh-choo! Well that gives me a great reason to keep writing and seeking inspiration. I see I am not alone.

All of us who are idealistic, artistic, and sensitive sometimes get the sense that we don't fit into our immediate surroundings. We seek meaning, we seek positive direction, and we all have a need to be heard, to be appreciated to our depths. That's one reason we started writing on the web...and one reason we may find it hard to connect with people who are supposed to be "close" to us. One reason why, despite that fact that we may be outgoing and loud in public, we may still feel lonely and need to compose our thoughts in writing privately. That's definitely true for me.

Writing is cathartic and reassuring, because you mold a vase out of what was just a lump of clay. You leave a legacy of that moment, that pain, that breath you took. If a girl I knew is gone for good, she lives on forever in my mishmash of words. I always like this quote from Edna Ferber, a reporter who was the author of Showboat:
[N]o matter what happened to me, good or bad, it was just so much velvet. Life really can't utterly defeat a writer who is in love with writing, for life itself is a writer's lover until death; fascinating, cruel, lavish, warm, cold, treacherous, constant; the more varied the moods the richer the experience. I've learned to value every stab of pain and disappointment.
Thank you again for your concern and your listening ear. That I value most of all. It matters not that I may not have met you nor that we may be half a world apart. We share the appreciation for the positive, finer things of life. We validate each other's existence and thoughts. That's why I must keep writing and sharing. This eternal candlelight from soul to soul must be rekindled over and over.

Take care and see you soon! :D


Home