Posted 2:57 PM
by Blah blah
Just talked to a really nice lady today, Marian. She is a member of our political club and had called me to volunteer to help on our TV show. Turns out she is a freelance real estate agent and had worked for
Coldwell Banker in Palo Alto for over 20 years. She was very kind and willing to answer all of my real estate questions. She offered to teach me and help me with how to buy a house. I have been thinking about it for a while, knowing I will be here in San Jose for the indefinite future, that I probably have no reason to move out of the Bay Area. Anyway, she was very thoughtful, thorough, and patient talking to me, which I really appreciated. With this very bad economy, I need to worry about other things first before I can invest in a house yet.
I have other things in my life where I need to make some big decisions later this year. Will let you know when I do so.
My old classmate Thalia's friend,
Julian, just came back from a long trip to China. Here is
his story, with travel photos.
Got a surprise email from Latékoé, a black French guy I met while I travelled in France over three years ago! We'll keep in touch.
Hey, I might be interviewed on the radio in Japan!! My college friend Takuro, who started a small publishing company called
Taiyo Shobo in Niigata, wrote me the other day. He has a friend who helps to book guests at a music
radio station in Niigata, and she is looking for interesting people to have on their early morning show for 5-10 minutes. I wrote her and she called me last night. Next week I'll be talking to their DJ by phone about what's going in California. Pretty cool. It's my first time on the radio.