Tiger Cafe     
    

Monday, April 15, 2002


Just added Trixy, in the Philippines, to my reading list. I went through a lot of her writing, and she is fascinating---maybe a Meg Ryan or Cameron Diaz type of girl. She's: 1) funny and witty, 2) an engineer turned manager who really is a humanities person at heart, 3) both a party girl and bookworm, and 4) was a "Cosmo girl" for "30 seconds of fame." HA! Trixy is going in my list of Sex and the City bloggers, with the likes of Min Jung, Christine, Jody, Ginny, and Vicky (stopped writing). I have still never watched that show, but from trying to understand these women and how the show's devil-may-care attitude resonates with them, I feel like I'm watching the Asian version here. But sweeter and less raunchy. It's telling that of these girls, all of them except Min Jung are in Asia now. What does that say about how attitudes and opportunities for women have shifted in Asia?


Home