Tiger Cafe     
    

Saturday, April 27, 2002


I've added a lot of new people to my list of links. Here's one girl you should read: My kisses tasted like COGNAC. She's very heartfelt and reminds me of another Diaryland girl who I am not naming, who was the "Queen of Cheesy Romantic Entries." Well wake up! I have found a new Queen. :p) Her text is dark and hard to read though. I still think Diaryland writers are, on the average, the best writers. Must be the usual anonymity that causes people to spill their guts. Best wishes, Cognac!

Ernie's Blind Date Blog starts tomorrow. He already posted the pix of everyone involved.

Hey, this guy Chris is too cool! See his site, Sexy Porky. Check out his funny emotion page. Like Eric Conveys an Emotion. Drat. I think I'm missing out on potential online friends by not joining LiveJournal.

Another irresistable and fun tale to read from The Crime Library is the story of Eugene Francois Vidocq. His life is like an adventure movie. A former convict turned master detective,
Vidocq's factual successes inspired world-class authors who borrowed his brilliance to embody their fictional heroes. Doyles' Sherlock Holmes character is much based on Vidocq; so are both Jean Valjean and Inspector Javert in Hugo's Les Miserables. Dickens mentions Vidocq in Great Expectations; Melville cites him in Moby Dick; and Poe refers to Vidocq's methods in Murders in the Rue Morgue. And there are more beyond these....

Fugitive, undercover agent, chief of detectives, private investigator, author, inventor and humanitarian – all these personalities combine to produce one of the most amazing biographies of one of the most amazing men in the history of criminal pursuit.

"Just as his behavior irritated the conventional police, his personal behavior was frowned upon by the conventional people who did not have his sheer love of life," writes Philip John Stead in Vidocq, Picaroon of Crime. "(He preferred) the tumultuous life of danger to the contentment of security. His story is one long swashbuckling adventure as he breaks out of jails, pursues actresses, duels to the death, raids the hells of criminals and stalks the Paris night in a thousand disguises."
WOW! His life is one of the most amazing adventures I have ever read. He's my new idol.


Home