Tiger Cafe     
    

Thursday, April 25, 2002


I can't believe no one responded to Heather's funny article about "The Bachelor" yet. Heather Havrilesky, I'm adding your Rabbit Blog to my reading list. In this devastating deposit box of wit, Heather puts a mock advice column and lots of cheeky lines like this:

"I keep checking my blog, hoping there will be a new post. I keep forgetting that, for there to be a new post, I have to post something. It's sort of like checking the refrigerator every few minutes, forgetting that nothing will change until you go grocery shopping."

You keep thinking, man, why is this woman spending time here when she should be hitting the front page of the New Yorker or Esquire? Then you slap your head. She IS a professional writer. Duh... I wish more blogs could be like this. I wish more of you in China could laugh with me. I wish I could have an order of lamb gyros followed by a big bowl of humus and fruit salad with walnuts. Ok, the last one is a fantasy right now. Rule for Raymond: Never write your blog when you are hungry.
___________________
I am such a lucky man:

Thank you, Grace, for carefully writing your detailed story about Lijiang! I look forward to digging deeper into it and seeing through your architect's eyes...

Thank you, Christina, for being such a sweetie yesterday. :)

Thank you, Rose, for lending a kind ear yesterday. How was your garden party? Will you be crashing a "knitting circle" next week? :p

Thank you, Trixy, for your smilies. Yes, they are good medicine.

While looking at more photos of Peg's baby, Ashlyn, I began to rub my eyes. Is she getting cuter or what??? Ashlyn at two weeks old. Ashlyn today.

Ahhh, I feel MUCH better today.


Home