Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, April 02, 2002


Hey Christina, so you are a member of the Communist Youth League? That's very unusual for us here in the West. We know nothing about this. I understand it's something people join but don't necessarily believe. Saying you are Communist may be like saying you are Catholic---you can be a member but not necessarily practice it. What's it like? And do they REQUIRE you go attend those events in Hangzhou? Will it affect your salary and job evaluation if you don't go?

How about you other guys reading this, like Nick? What's it like being a Communist party member? I hear you get more perks and privileges.

Imagine me, a Democrat, blogging with a Communist. This must be the only capitalist/communist blog out there! Whoooo hooo.

If you've been trying to translate English to an Asian language, it does not seem to work on a page which has lots of Chinese. English to French works here, for example. But for English to Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, I need to go to my old pages. I am asking Altavista for technical support. Does anyone have a clue?

After adding Christina, this page's popularity has jumped to #16 among all of Gostats' "Culture and Relationships" sites and #395 overall! The Gostat counter supports over 28000 sites. Before, my entire site (including my old journal) was getting about 200 visitors/day (Sitemeter), but yesterday it was 250. I tell ya, girls beat guys hands down on the Net!


Home