Posted 3:40 PM
by Blah blah
One more thing about the Andersen case. This reads like a TV drama! Talks about why the government decided THIS time to become so impatient and strict with Andersen. And describes what probably happened to cause the massive Enron shredding.
Andersen Misread Depths of the Government's Anger (
NY Times):
"Obviously," said one person involved in the case, "the question finally came down to, `How many times do investors have to lose millions of dollars because they relied on Andersen before somebody finally charges them with a crime?' "
Some more plugs. Two ethnically based magazines at which you should look. Fantastic writing.
-
Yisei, Korean-American literary student mag at Harvard.
-
The Iranian.
This interesting lady,
Jaz Gordon, just linked to my Cooking Blog. On her beautiful site, she has her own cooking log and a self-improvement journal. What do you guys think about using an online journal to improve your bad habits? I think it's a wonderful idea and wonder how well it has worked for you personally. Sorry Jaz, I don't feel like recording a regular journal any more, although I still do cook. If you wanna find out what I'm making, y'all have to come over and try it yourself!
Winding down
Well guys, I've been writing for almost a year and a half, and I've had fun. Met a lot of interesting people and got many unusual and rewarding perspectives. Have been moved, angered, dejected, and inspired by you and your lives.
Unfortunately, I have this strong urge to move on and do other things with my time. Work/school is my main focus now, and I realized recently that I need to develop my skills much more if I ever want to get out of the loop I'm in right now---to move on to the next phase of my life.
That takes more time and intense dedication. Online friends are fine, but I still prefer to know people in the flesh and deal with the imperfect but challenging problems of the real world.
I'm not abandoning this journal, but I am seriously cutting down. Maybe once a month. Maybe more when I have something I need to get off my chest. But I will not write regularly here any more, as far as I forsee.
Keep in touch, as always, by phone and email and chat (Yahoo Messenger). I'll be here and sometimes on the
Rice Bowl Journals Discussion Boards.
And if we are ever gonna be in the same part of the country at the same time, please let me know. Let's drink and talk great dreams together. I'll post here if something major happens. Au revoir for now!
Warm wishes,
Raymond