Posted 11:05 AM
by Blah blah
Was checking out what
Christine was up to last night when I stumbled on her account of poor
Ben's bad haircut! Yup, Ben, it looks like a new (very hairy) fetus indeed. Congratulations to the loving couple *wink*. Since I live not too far from Ben, I called him up and within half an hour we were having dinner at this delicious new Malaysian/Singaporean place, Penang Garden. He came wearing a Nike cap like he mentions and I never got to see the goods, but we had a lot of fun talking. It's so weird how fast the Net lets people connect, if you use it right. Someone over 10,000 miles away influenced my dinner last night, just like that. Have you guys read James Gleick's book
Chaos? He talks about the famous
Butterfly Effect, of how scientists studying chaos ask questions like: "Does the Flap of a Butterfly’s Wings in Brazil set off a Tornado in Texas?"
In a small way, writing our little observations here influences people around the world in ways we could never imagine. Awesome. In fact I would never have known Ben existed if it weren't for Christine's Webring. Now I just need to post something crazy going on in Taipei...
Another cool thing I learned was that Ben used to perform hip hop dance with a group of other guys. He was a DJ too! We've gotta go clubbing sometime.